TIME TO GIVE THANKS
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you just a few of the things that I feel thankful for this holiday season (because in the true holiday spirit, it’s all about me):
Things I’m Thankful For:
• I’m thankful that we were voted the #1 Burrito in the Washington metropolitan area and that those other chains that don’t use white meat chicken weren’t. (You would think that someone expressing how grateful she is for something wouldn’t be quite so smirky, wouldn’t you?)
• I’m thankful for our new mascot. He’s spunky, he doesn’t look like a giant piece of pizza and the costume’s quite comfortable. I’m wearing it as I write this.
• I’m thankful for our dedicated customers. It continues to amaze me how many of you write us while you’re on vacation. Who thinks to take our address?
• I’m thankful for the customer who whispered “oompy doompy” in the cashier’s ear and when he looked at her like she was crazy starting shouting,”Oompy Doompy! Oompy Doompy!” even louder, thinking he just couldn’t understand her. It turns out she was in Chipotle. (And no, they did not give her a free taco. Apparently they don’t worship at the temple of oompy doompy.)
• I’m thankful for Barb Leihy. She’s eaten at Cal Tort almost 500 times in 2 years. Would it kill the rest of you to eat here a couple more hundred times a year? (Do you like how the list of things I’m thankful for has turned into me yelling at you?)
SPEAKING OF THANKS
Remember the Share Our Strength promotion we did back in September? Well, the money we raised on that day was enough to provide over 100,000 meals to needy children. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your incredible generosity. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You’ve made a world of difference in many children’s lives. So I’m sorry for yelling at you. I take it all back.
IT’S CHILI TIME!
That’s right – on Thursday, November 19th, every California Tortilla in the land will be giving you a 4 oz. sample of free darn tasty turkey chili with any purchase. And not only that, we’re also giving you a coupon for a FREE 8 oz. bowl of chili that’s good for 2 weeks. (The coupon, not the chili. Do not eat 2 week old chili.) And if it’s anything like our chili promotions in the past, 8 bazillion people will write to say it’s so delicious we should consider putting it on our menu. It’s been on our menu for 14 years. How bad is our chili signage?
So come on in on the 19th for some of the best chili you’ve ever had. It’s free and it’s fabulous. What’s not to love about this promotion? (Other than the fact that we’re not making you gobble to get it like we usually do.)
Burrito Elito Scoop
Are you sitting there with a Burrito Elito card in your wallet or purse, but you’re just too lazy to register it? (This is the insulting issue of Taco Talk.) Well, it’s your lucky day. Because I want you to take advantage of all those Burrito Bucks you’ve been racking up AND because we’re going to be doing some groovy Burrito Elito promotions very soon, I’ve helpfully included the link to register it. Just click here. It’ll only take 2 seconds and you’ll be well on your way to lots of fabulous Burrito Elito perks – and if you accumulate enough points, that Cal Tort pony that you’ve always dreamed of.*
* This will never happen. Cal Tort ponies do not exist.
A special shout out to Brian Lambert and his buddies from the 16th MP Brigade (Airborne) who are in Afghanistan. They will soon be sporting the Cal Tort Feed the Need shirts compliments of their battle buddy, Toni. And in a newsletter about being thankful, I’d be remiss if I didn’t say that our troops deserve the biggest thanks of all this holiday season. So thank you all from the bottom of our hearts and Happy Thanksgiving!
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST LIMITED TIME OFFER. IT’S GOT BACON!