FREE TACO TIME
That’s right—on November 7th, Cal Tort is putting a free taco on your Burrito Elito card. All you have to do is present your REGISTERED Burrito Elito card to the spunky cashier anytime between November 7th and November 14th and he or she will give you a free taco. That’s all you have to do. Tell me that’s not exciting! (Actually, don’t tell me. That would crush me; I’m very sensitive.)
FREE CHILI TIME
In an effort to give you yet more free food, on Wednesday, November 16th, when you make a purchase California Tortilla will give you a free 4 oz. sample of the best chili you’ve ever had AND a coupon for a free 8oz. chili on your next visit. That’s 2 free chilis! (Because you don’t know how to count.) I LOVE our chili. It’s absolutely fabulous in every way. So come on by on the 16th and try the chili that you had no idea we served. It’s SO good. And don’t even get me started on our Nachos with Chili…
DELICIOUS GYRO BURRITO TIME
Gyro Burrito: Mexican rice, the tastiest gyro meat, tzatziki sauce (cucumber yogurt sauce), feta cheese, chopped pepperoncini peppers, salsa and romaine all rolled in a warm flour tortilla or served in a bowl. It’s here for a limited time, so hurry in!
FREE GIFT CARD TIME
If you call the Cal Tort affordable Mexican catering hotline and place a creative catering order for $300 or more (preferably more) between now and the end of the year, we’ll give you a $25 Amex gift card.* Isn’t that just peachy? To place your order just call 1-855-CALTORT (1-855-225-8678) and you’ll be on your way to great food and a great little reward for yourself!
*While supplies last. So hurry and drum up a party.
GIVING THANKS TIME. Kind of.
Usually this time of year I write a list of things we’re thankful for, but after reading past issues of Taco Talk (a wonderful sleeping aid), I’ve decided that I’m just thankful we’re still in business. Just look at some of the wacky stuff we used to do:
- We used to ask other restaurants to provide recipes for our weekly burrito specials. I seriously used to go to every restaurant in town and ask them if they’d give us a sauce for our special that week. I was always surprised when someone said no. Don’t you think I should have been surprised when someone said yes? And seriously, how lazy were we?
- We used to have customers sign up to be “Super Chip Boy.” Super Chip Boy would run around the restaurant on Friday nights handing out chips while wearing tights and a cape that had a big “S” on it. Tell me that doesn’t sound manic.
- We used to put free notices in the “I Saw You” section of our local paper that said, “I saw you at California Tortilla eating a delicious Blackened Chicken Caesar Burrito. I must meet you.” Apparently not only were we lazy, we were also cheap. And liars. You’d think someone at the paper would have become suspicious when the lovesick writer could tell by looking at a burrito what kind it was, wouldn’t you?
- We used to give out toothbrushes that said, “Everyone’s a winner when you brush after a burrito.” (I’m not sure why—were we receiving complaints?)
- We used to have theme months. According to Taco Talk, in October 1996 every time someone ordered the burrito special we’d play Copacabana on a tape player at the register. Barry Manilow over and over and over again. That had to be fun for the whole family.
So thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sticking with us. You’re nothing if not troopers! (And honestly, I pretend to be horrified by these things, but we’re actually thinking of doing every one of them again. Isn’t that scary?)
On that note, we all hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Want the daily California Tortilla Scoop?