THAT’S ONE POWERFUL FREE TACO
Did you know that 16 million kids are at risk for hunger right here in the U.S.?
With that thought in mind, California Tortilla is once again helping raise money for Share our Strength’s Dine Out for No Kid Hungry campaign, which runs from Monday, September 9 through Saturday, September 21. With a donation of $1 or more, you’ll get a coupon for a free taco* — and much more importantly, for every dollar you donate, you’ll connect a child in need with up to 10 meals.
So please join us from September 9 through September 21 and help us fight childhood hunger. It’s a great, yet really simple way to get involved.
*One free taco coupon per visit, per donation regardless of amount. Coupon can be redeemed from Sunday, September 22 through Monday, September 30.
SAYONARA STREET TACOS
Speaking of powerful tacos, September marks the last month that you’ll be able to snag one of our signature, limited-time-offer Street Tacos. if you hear Havana chicken, carnitas pork or Korean BBQ mini-tacos calling your name, it’s definitely time to get on down to the nearest Cal Tort. You know, one of these street tacos can even count as your FREE Share Our Strength donation taco. Truly, it doesn’t get any better than that.
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
Over the years some of you have expressed a concern that you might be becoming addicted to our food, but you’re just not sure: Is it an experimental phase or a full-blown addiction? Well, let’s find out! Just take this helpful little test I’ve devised and in just moments from now you’ll know. Ready?
You Might be a Cal Tort Junkie if You’ve Ever:
- Argued with your spouse over who gets the Burrito Elito points.
- Written us a postcard from Mexico complaining about the food.
- Written us a postcard in general.
- Sent us a picture of your pet with a chip bag on its head.
- Said “California Tortilla” so much that you’ve had to come up with a nickname for it. (Because really, who’s got that kind of time?)
- Considered applying for a job as a spunky anything.
- Proposed to me.
- Planned your vacation around Pop Tart Day. (Which I think is very normal behavior, by the way.)
- Put a clause in your divorce settlement outlining who gets to go to which California Tortilla.
- Given yourself until the end of “100 Bottles of Beer” to find a parking space.
- Wondered if Cal Tort ponies really exist.
- Saved old Taco Talks just in case they’re worth something some day. (My tragic and untimely death would help this considerably.)
- Been a victim of a street crime and worried more about your Burrito Elito card than your puncture wounds.
- Cried because we weren’t open.
If you answered yes to any of these questions (and trust me, these are all true life examples), you’re a bona fide California Tortilla junkie. Congratulations! And if you know of someone who you think might be a Cal Tort junkie (and why), please let me know! Email email@example.com.
On that note, I hope you’re enjoying these last few days of summer…