10 Tips for Hosting the Best Holiday Party Ever
- If the venue (…or living room) doesn’t provide a coat check, invest in a coat rack rental or ask around to see if someone has a wheeled wardrobe you can borrow. Keeping coats in one place will clear seating space and also free up guests’ hands for food and other items. Important, because the only thing better than having a taco in one hand is having a taco in both hands.
- When it comes to décor, swap streamers and tinsel for group-size bowls of hand-smashed guac and fresh-chopped salsa. Both options promise plenty of red and green, but only one is (technically) edible.
- Feel politics weaseling itself into dinner conversation? The solution is simple: yell “TACO EATING CONTEST!” as loud as possible, and immediately begin chowing down. Winner gets first dibs at dessert, but we all know the eardrums you just spared from another drawn-out debate are the real winners here.
- Keep a box of cleaning supplies under the food table to avoid a frantic hunt for paper towels when Karen inevitably knocks over her eggnog. Hey, at least it wasn’t the queso!
- If your guest list includes hardcore vegans, die-hard carnivores and everyone in between, skip the subs (and subsequent side-eyes from picky eaters) and invest in a make-your-own catering option that all can enjoy.
- While we’re all about sizzling fajitas, sizzling hair, sleeves and evergreen branches don’t quite inspire the same delight. Eliminate fire hazards before guests arrive by moving candelabras, pyrotechnic displays and all other open flames to low-traffic areas.
- Place a gift basket by the desserts, and have guests enter to win it by dropping their business cards in an entry bowl. If it’s a corporate event, you’ll easily gather updated contact information from your current and potential clientele, and if it’s a private party, you’ll easily guarantee at least one guest will be happy they came! Looking for inspiration? Consider creating a hot sauce gift basket that includes a gift card and selections from our Wall of Flame — you’ll even score a free entrée for yourself in return!
- Consider this correlation: the more time Uncle Willie spends munching on chips and salsa, the less time he spends serenading your friends, coworkers and other extended family members with his off-key caroling. Make the responsible decision for your party’s attendees (and their ear drums) by enlisting the help of Cal Tort catering for your holiday party. After all, Willie’s vocal cords aren’t getting any younger, and Silent Night isn’t getting any shorter.
- Planning a thank-you speech, Yuletide toast or interpretive dance? Make sure to share before guests begin eating so the sound of clinking utensils doesn’t bury your warm wishes. Take it from us, delicious food is distracting — we’ve been working on this list since Valentine’s Day!
- Lead guests to believe you paid a small fortune for delicious catering, without blowing all of your gelt. The secret? Save 15% on your December catering order when you book between now and November 25th. The password is EARLY BIRD, so fly on over (or give us a call) and score big!
To book, call one of our catering specialists at 855-CAL-TORT or contact your nearest location directly.