THIS JUST IN…
It’s my favorite time in the world—election time! And that means that Chef Keith has come up with delicious Presidential Bowl recipes: one for Obama and one for Romney. Starting August 13 we’ll be tallying the number of each bowl sold and we guarantee that whosever bowl sells the most will win the election.
Why are we so confident? Because as many of you know, we’ve used this method to accurately predict congressional, presidential and gubernatorial races in the past and have even been featured on CNN and the other prestigious international media outlets for our magic election-predicting abilities. (Something you might not know is that when I’m president I’m going to ban the word gubernatorial.)
But we need your help! We need names for the bowls. The two people who come up with the best, non-offensive (this part is key) name for each bowl will get a huge, ridiculous prize:
Huge, ridiculous prize: A Cal Tort catering party for 20 while you watch election night coverage PLUS a 50″ flat screen TV! Isn’t that just the greatest?
Below are the ingredients for each recipe:
Obama Bowl – Rice, grilled chicken, teriyaki sauce, snow peas, broccoli, carrots, red onion, red pepper and Bok choy, topped with grilled pineapple spears and scallions. (We chose a Hawaiian theme based on where Mr. Obama’s spent most of his childhood.)
Romney Bowl – Freshly made mashed potatoes, Mexican meatloaf, sautéed vegetable medley, a savory sweet sauce, corn and salsa. (We chose a meatloaf theme because meatloaf cakes made by his wife Ann are Mr. Romney’s favorite birthday food. Who knew?)
Email your fabulous presidential bowl name to email@example.com, post it on Facebook or tweet us @caltort #PRESBOWLNAME. All submissions must be made by July 15th. Enter as many times as you like. Good luck!
*Click here for contest rules
A LOOK AT CAL TORT’S LONG POLITICAL HISTORY…
- President Clinton saw someone eating one of our burritos and said, “Wow! That’s one honkin’ burrito!” I like that the leader of the free world took time out to comment on our food. I think.
- Chelsea Clinton once stopped and looked at our menu. (She kept on going though, so apparently she didn’t get the honkin’ memo from her dad.)
- I was invited to a White House Rose Garden ceremony for small business owners by the Bush administration. (There were about 10 people there. I’m sure as soon as they met me they wanted to rescind my invitation.)
- Barbara and Jenna Bush once ate at the Arlington California Tortilla. They ordered 2 burritos and 2 sodas with a side of extra ice. (Do you think they don’t have ice at the White House?)
- California Tortilla shares a birthday with President Obama: August 4th. He refuses to acknowledge this though; apparently he’s too busy eating hamburgers. (Seriously, is it just me or does he eat A LOT of hamburgers?)
- Al Gore once told someone I was cute.
Clearly, our vast political involvement cannot be denied.
It’s the last full month of the Caribbean Mango Burrito and the Caribbean Mango Salad! I love, love, love these and I command you to try them. Just look what you’ve been missing:
Caribbean Mango Burrito: Mexican Rice, Black Beans, Blackened Chicken, Caribbean, Mango Sauce, Mango Salsa and Crisp Romaine Lettuce. Small: $6.49 Regular/Bowl: $7.29
Caribbean Mango Salad: Fresh Salad Mix, Blackened Chicken, Mango Salsa, Hass Avocado Slices, Crunchy Tortilla Strips, Juicy Roma Tomatoes, Fresh Cilantro and Caribbean Mango Sauce. $7.99
On that note, have a fun and safe 4th of July!