We’re putting the FUN back in
California Tortilla would love to help you with your fundraising efforts, and we will have a blast doing it! We call our fundraising events ‘Spirit Nights’, and they usually take place on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. The night of your scheduled event we will donate a percent of your group’s sales back to your organization. How much? What do I need to do? Keep reading to find our more!
How much money can my organization make from a Spirit Night?
- We donate 25% of your guests’ pre-tax sales directly to your organization.*
What do I have to do to set up a Spirit Night and make it a HUGE success?
- Contact the store directly and ask to speak with a manager. You can stop in or give them a call. Find your location here.
- Pick a date and a password. We typically host Spirit Nights on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings between 5pm and 8pm (check with your local store for dates). Make sure to book the event one to two months in advance so you have enough time to get the word out. You’ll also be asked to select a secret password for guests’ to use on the big night.
- Promote, promote, promote! The best way to get the word out includes email, flyers (we will make you an official one), group meetings, phone calls (especially the day before and the day of the event), bulletins, newsletters, your group’s website and social channels and of course tell everyone you know.
- The Big Night! On the evening of your Spirit Night, ONLY the people who tell the cashier the secret password for your organization will count towards the total dollars spent/raised. Make sure your supporters are all aware of the secret password and even though it may be tempting there is no soliciting of other customers or signage in or near the restaurant allowed.
- Show Me the Money! We will donate 25% of your guests’ pre-tax sales to your organization. Two weeks after the event we will email you the total raised and confirm the delivery address for the check which should arrive shortly thereafter.
- Don’t have the time to host a one night event? Check out our SCRIP program.